Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rumi

I See the Face: A Christian Dialogue
Rumi: Lydon

I see the face (the Beatific Vision, before time began)
that was my home. (“I in Him and He in me,” before the world began)

My loving says, I will let go (Surrender: risk loss and pain and insecurity)
of everything for that. (Even my identity, my schemas, my obsessions, my addictions)

My soul begins to keep rhythm (I was created for beat, and my heart keeps time)
as if music is playing. (Body-mind-spirit dancing, the Holy Spirit sings)

My reason says, What do you call (My reason-mind questions everything!)
this cypress-energy that straightens
what was bent double? (Jesus! Healer of bent women, full of vibrant energy)

All thing change in this presence. (If I am open, disposed, suspended in judgment and critique)
Armenians and Turks no longer know
which is which. (Who is who when one in weakness?)

Soul keeps unfolding inward. (never sleeps, infinite echo, through the ages)
The body leaves the body. (meant for resurrected glory, these bodies for real)

A wealth you cannot imagine (“more than you can ask or imagine”)
flows through you. (Divine love conduit, channel, “of use” to Him and others)

Do not consider what strangers say. (They know not you or Him; guard your boundaries fiercely)
Be secluded in your secret heart-house, (the “mantle” near your sternum, thump-thump!)
that bowl of silence. (Like“ a freshly fallen, silent shroud of snow” on Colorado mountain)

Talking, no matter how humble-seeming, (Beware of those who speak too much or too nicely)
is really a kind of bragging. (Self-referential, self-congratulatory, beware)

Let silence be the art (In silence is humility and truth: our stance before God)
you practice. (Daily come hell or high water: ultimate reality)

1 comment:

  1. Comforting words,guidance in such troubling times.

    ReplyDelete