Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grateful Today: 5 things

What am I grateful for today?

For my job that combines both intellectual challenges - creating a power point on "conscience" for the Religious Ed Institute - and managerial/personnel issues like planning our Religion Dept. meeting tomorrow - with a faculty whose last day it is! How to overcome the built in "checked out" mentality? Bagels and cheese - free in the AM!

For racquetball, a sport I have known and played for nearly 40 years (thanks Dad! thanks Bill!) - great sweat today against a worthy opponent, John L. 5 games, major sweat, a "good tiredness"

For the desire to pray, to slow down, to read the Word slowly, prayerfully, thoughtfully, for the quiet time after Evening Prayer

For morning Mass this AM and the gospel of Bartimaeus, the blind beggar, and his modeling of discipleship - at once in dire need, yet called to faith that moves and energizes and he follows Jesus "on the way." Help me do the same, Lord Jesus, as I wrestle with my own weaknesses, defects, and sin. Let me never be too proud to cry out to you.

For boys' baseball and the overall class of 2010 at Bishop DuBourg, what a stellar group they are! I miss them already. Kudos to the boys for going to Springfield for the state championship. Go Cavs!

No comments:

Post a Comment